Eurocardsharing

Go Back   Eurocardsharing > General Discussions > General Discussions > Chat

Chat Discussion, Show me you server! at General Discussions forum; Originally Posted by techie your a bad liar m8, thats a DHCP host in a coms room. Well, first off... ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#11)
wabby
Donator
 
wabby's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 19

Level: 3 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 52
Magic: 6 / 1213
Experience: 9%

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Join Date: Mar 2010
14-March-2010, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie View Post


your a bad liar m8, thats a DHCP host in a coms room.
Well, first off... Don't call me a liar because you dont know me. And second, it's not a DHCP host. It's a simple Dell workstation that I've installed ubuntu on for serving two things... DB for a forum i host and cardsharing. So pls don't call people a liar when you don't know what your talking about.
It's a normal computer thrown in a rack upon a UPS for the HP switches.

PM me for stats and speedtest ;-)


24/7 Server on 100Mbit line
Mostly looking for C+ and ViaSat Nordic.
PM with Reshareable C-line and get one in return! :)

Last edited by wabby; 14-March-2010 at 15:40..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
ALbSPiRiT
Junior Member
 
ALbSPiRiT's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2

Level: 1 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 0
Magic: 0 / 15
Experience: 2%

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Mar 2010
14-March-2010, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabby View Post

This is my server, ready for sharing... :)
But I'm new to this forum and don't have anything to share yet :(
Nice one :)
   
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old
  (#13)
techie
Templars
 
techie's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 201

Level: 13 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 305
Magic: 67 / 9249
Experience: 21%

Thanks: 40
Thanked 132 Times in 46 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Astra 28.2E
26-March-2010, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabby View Post
Well, first off... Don't call me a liar because you dont know me. don't call people a liar when you don't know what your talking about.
I don't need to know you to call you a liar.
I don't know what I'm talking about?
Well it seems I've struck a nerve because your 1st post was deleted for bad language and this post is still full of lies too..

No matter what you say the evidence is in the photo.

You obviously don't know what your talking about because that is a coms room rack! coms room switches and an old heap of scrap Dell workstation! Which if my memory serves me well suffered from overheating/hangups, due to bad caps on the board and psu.
My laptop has more computing power!

/pawned!

Last edited by techie; 26-March-2010 at 22:31..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
wabby
Donator
 
wabby's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 19

Level: 3 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 52
Magic: 6 / 1213
Experience: 9%

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Join Date: Mar 2010
28-March-2010, 21:26

Well, just have to take a new photo then with a special note for you then ;)

The workstation that is there serving CCcam and a forum DB is by the way a Dual Xeon. So the power is sufficient for the job.

Can say that i has lots of hangups either :)

Quote:
20:21:30 up 647 days, 36 min, 1 user, load average: 0.30, 0.22, 0.16
You haven't PM me for stats or speedtest, so guess you just want to brag about things you dont know about :)


edit:
Little note
Guess I'm still lying :P


24/7 Server on 100Mbit line
Mostly looking for C+ and ViaSat Nordic.
PM with Reshareable C-line and get one in return! :)

Last edited by wabby; 29-March-2010 at 01:37..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Zpeef17
Junior Member
 
Zpeef17's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 8

Level: 1 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 18
Magic: 2 / 377
Experience: 73%

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Feb 2011
09-August-2011, 22:14

Hello i was wondering what you need to make a linux debian server ? Two card readers? Do you need a tv card and cabel from the dish to the pc ?

Is it only linux you can make server in not windows ?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
techie
Templars
 
techie's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 201

Level: 13 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 305
Magic: 67 / 9249
Experience: 21%

Thanks: 40
Thanked 132 Times in 46 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Astra 28.2E
18-August-2011, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy88 View Post
Hello i was wondering what you need to make a linux debian server ? Two card readers? Do you need a tv card and cabel from the dish to the pc ?

Is it only linux you can make server in not windows ?
a server only requires a card reader and can be either linux or windows (linux is best though)
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
server!, show


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump



ECS on RSS ECS on Twitter ECS on Facebook ECS on Youtube
Follow us on:

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2002 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Dreambox