Eurocardsharing

Go Back   Eurocardsharing > General Discussions > General Discussions > Introduction

Introduction Discussion, Doing some research... at General Discussions forum; I don't have a linux box at the moment, I have a new TM6900 that I'm very happy with. The ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Doing some research...
Old
  (#1)
skippydoo
Junior Member
 
skippydoo's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3

Level: 1 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 2
Magic: 1 / 75
Experience: 10%

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Jun 2008
Doing some research... - 27-June-2008, 18:05

I don't have a linux box at the moment, I have a new TM6900 that I'm very happy with. The reason I joined is that the soon to be released diablo wifi cam will open up the world of cardsharing to all receivers, and I wanted to find out if it will be worthwhile buying one.

As a complete newbie, I know nothing whatsoever about CS and need to find out if it's essential to have something to share in the first place, or if not, how easy is it to find willing hosts?

S.Doo
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
PLAN B
Special Friends
 
PLAN B's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,750

Level: 41 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 101 / 1017
Magic: 916 / 32110
Experience: 68%

Thanks: 373
Thanked 956 Times in 498 Posts
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RG45 7EG
Age: 51
27-June-2008, 18:51

Welcome to the ECS please follow the rules and enjoy your stay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by skippydoo View Post
The reason I joined is that the soon to be released diablo wifi cam will open up the world of cardsharing to all receivers, and I wanted to find out if it will be worthwhile buying one.

As a complete newbie, I know nothing whatsoever about CS and need to find out if it's essential to have something to share in the first place, or if not, how easy is it to find willing hosts?

S.Doo
The diablo wifi won`t help you much as far as i know that will only work on wifi range about 30m.
Card sharing has a clue in the name, however its not essential to have something to share but it will help greatly.


   
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old
  (#3)
skippydoo
Junior Member
 
skippydoo's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3

Level: 1 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 2
Magic: 1 / 75
Experience: 10%

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Jun 2008
28-June-2008, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyman114 View Post
The diablo wifi won`t help you much as far as i know that will only work on wifi range about 30m.
Card sharing has a clue in the name, however its not essential to have something to share but it will help greatly.
Thanks for the info skyman :)

The new diablo wifi connects from your receiver to your local wireless network, and the world :) Due out in a week or so, it will support:

Gbox client (implemented)
CCCAM (work in progress)
Radegast and NewCAMD (to be implemented)

So should help I guess...

I have a Sky UK FTA card to share, but not sure that many would find it especially interesting :)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
PLAN B
Special Friends
 
PLAN B's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,750

Level: 41 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 101 / 1017
Magic: 916 / 32110
Experience: 68%

Thanks: 373
Thanked 956 Times in 498 Posts
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RG45 7EG
Age: 51
28-June-2008, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippydoo View Post

I have a Sky UK FTA card to share, but not sure that many would find it especially interesting :)
A Channel Five card you could be right about that !!


   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
research...


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump



ECS on RSS ECS on Twitter ECS on Facebook ECS on Youtube
Follow us on:

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2002 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Dreambox