Go Back   Eurocardsharing > General Discussions > General Satellite News > Latest Satellite News

Latest Satellite News Discussion, N-Dubz spark BBC 'death threat' scandal at General Satellite News forum; N-Dubz spark BBC 'death threat' scandal Friday, January 15 2010, 08:49 GMT By Daniel Kilkelly, N-Dubz rapper Dappy has sparked ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
N-Dubz spark BBC 'death threat' scandal
Bacteria's Avatar
Posts: 96,016

Level: 124 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 4638 / 4638
Magic: 32005 / 90522
Experience: 68%

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 5,577 Times in 1,419 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 35
Thumbs up N-Dubz spark BBC 'death threat' scandal - 15-January-2010, 17:40

N-Dubz spark BBC 'death threat' scandal

Friday, January 15 2010, 08:49 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly,

N-Dubz rapper Dappy has sparked a death threat scandal after allegedly sending abusive messages to a Radio 1 listener.

According to reports, the star targeted 22-year-old Chloe Moody earlier this week after she sent a text message to The Chris Moyles Show which branded the group "losers" and described Dappy as "vile" and "a little boy with a silly hat".

The urban band were appearing as guests on Moyles's programme at the time and it is thought that Dappy, real name Dino Contostavlos, noted down Moody's phone number after spotting it on a computer screen.

It is alleged that one SMS message subsequently sent from Contostavlos to Moody read: ''Your gonna die, U sent a very bad message towards Ndubz on The Chris Moyels show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!! If u say sorry I will leave you alone u ****."

Moody, who claims that she received further obscene messages and phone calls, told the Daily Mail: "It's terrifying when anybody sends you a death threat, whether it's real or not. Somebody of a fragile mind and nervous would be worrying what they were going to do.

"His behaviour is unprofessional and I'm considering going to the police. When you put yourself in the public eye you need to be able to handle criticism. I also feel let down by Radio 1."

Contostavlos has now issued a public apology for his behaviour, while BBC executives are expected to launch an investigation into the breach of Moody's privacy.

In a statement, the hip hop star said: "I totally apologise to Chloe. I called her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse for my behaviour. I'm genuinely sorry. I'd also like to send my sincerest apologies to Radio 1."

Meanwhile, a BBC spokesman commented: "We were unaware that the number had been taken from the production team's console and will take steps to ensure it can't happen again."

Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

ECS on RSS ECS on Twitter ECS on Facebook ECS on Youtube
Follow us on:

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2002 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.