Eurocardsharing

Go Back   Eurocardsharing > Sharing receivers > DreamBox > Tutorials

Tutorials Discussion, DM8000 dvd player problem at DreamBox forum; hi, I just built in a sata dvd player (sony AD-7593S-01 slim) in my dm8000 with the internal usb but ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
DM8000 dvd player problem
Old
  (#1)
caszw
Member
 
caszw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 34

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 89
Magic: 11 / 2251
Experience: 59%

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Join Date: May 2009
DM8000 dvd player problem - 08-July-2009, 13:50

hi,
I just built in a sata dvd player (sony AD-7593S-01 slim) in my dm8000 with the internal usb but the box doesn't recognize it! I can not open it?
Somebody any idea?
I hear it spinning with the start up of the box and the led works but thats it :(

Someone any advice?

//Caszw

E2
nab 0.11
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
cold007
Super Moderator
 
cold007's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 9,448

Level: 63 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 314 / 1570
Magic: 3149 / 48827
Experience: 82%

Thanks: 5,191
Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,537 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: germany -unterfranken..
08-July-2009, 14:50

u are using the ..cable-->> to that usb type connector??-->

cold007


dreambox 8000- box with icvs images!!

remember u SPAM = i BAN

activley hunting nline stealers...!

beware...of with whom you share!!




   
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old
  (#3)
Markoni
ECS Master
 
Markoni's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 499

Level: 20 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 491
Magic: 166 / 14873
Experience: 64%

Thanks: 40
Thanked 273 Times in 133 Posts
Join Date: Aug 2007
08-July-2009, 16:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by caszw View Post
hi,
I just built in a sata dvd player (sony AD-7593S-01 slim) in my dm8000 with the internal usb but the box doesn't recognize it! I can not open it?
Somebody any idea?
I hear it spinning with the start up of the box and the led works but thats it :(

Someone any advice?

//Caszw

E2
nab 0.11
You mean you hooked a SATA DVD player to the internal SATA connector that is meant for a hard drive, right? You didn't connect the SATA DVD to some USB port.

I don't think this is going to work. Your firmware has certain drivers for standard SATA hard drives. They are not the same as the drivers for SATA DVD.

If the SATA DVD driver is not included in your image firmware, the only way to get it there as far as I know is to recompile the kernel with the driver for your optical.

This is the annoying part of flash images - you can't just add drivers.

It's going to power on and spin up and so forth, but from then on, it needs something to read its DVD hardware and format.

-----------------------

See if this gives you any joy in Nabilo 0.11:

Press Blue Button Twice > Black Hole Device Manager and try to find your optical drive to set it up.

Nabilo says it has DVD drivers. It just doesn't say what sort.

Last edited by Markoni; 08-July-2009 at 16:34..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
caszw
Member
 
caszw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 34

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 89
Magic: 11 / 2251
Experience: 59%

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Join Date: May 2009
08-July-2009, 18:11

yes the usb connector with the powerbutton on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold007 View Post
u are using the ..cable-->> to that usb type connector??-->

cold007
(08-July-2009 17:15)
I hooked it up to the internal usb port inside, behide the powerbutton, on the rightside, my HD is hooked on the sata connector on the motherboard.

I'll test the blue bottom tip! thx, I let you know how it worked out.
/Caszw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
You mean you hooked a SATA DVD player to the internal SATA connector that is meant for a hard drive, right? You didn't connect the SATA DVD to some USB port.

I don't think this is going to work. Your firmware has certain drivers for standard SATA hard drives. They are not the same as the drivers for SATA DVD.

If the SATA DVD driver is not included in your image firmware, the only way to get it there as far as I know is to recompile the kernel with the driver for your optical.

This is the annoying part of flash images - you can't just add drivers.

It's going to power on and spin up and so forth, but from then on, it needs something to read its DVD hardware and format.

-----------------------

See if this gives you any joy in Nabilo 0.11:

Press Blue Button Twice > Black Hole Device Manager and try to find your optical drive to set it up.

Nabilo says it has DVD drivers. It just doesn't say what sort.
(08-July-2009 20:37)
Solved it!
One screw was too deep -or the screw too long- in de dvdplayer, the ones who fix the player in the box, it just blocked the loader
Now I'm happy!

thanks for helping me anyway.

//Caszw

Quote:
Originally Posted by caszw View Post
yes the usb connector with the powerbutton on the inside



(08-July-2009 17:15)
I hooked it up to the internal usb port inside, behide the powerbutton, on the rightside, my HD is hooked on the sata connector on the motherboard.

I'll test the blue bottom tip! thx, I let you know how it worked out.
/Caszw

Last edited by caszw; 09-July-2009 at 09:49.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dm8000, player, problem


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump



ECS on RSS ECS on Twitter ECS on Facebook ECS on Youtube
Follow us on:

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2002 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Dreambox