Eurocardsharing

Go Back   Eurocardsharing > Sharing receivers > DreamBox > Chat

Chat Discussion, Which dreambox HD to get?? at DreamBox forum; Originally Posted by debilucho To be a bit more precise: I am really focusing first on stability of server or ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#11)
Niteman1969
Member
 
Niteman1969's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 30

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 80
Magic: 10 / 2323
Experience: 22%

Thanks: 1
Thanked 35 Times in 12 Posts
Join Date: Jan 2008
18-March-2010, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by debilucho View Post
To be a bit more precise: I am really focusing first on stability of server or anything you think is relevant for use of CCCAM.
Thanks again for any help.
From what I understand, an old laptop or desktop with a reasonable
processor, a decent amount of ram, a smargo usb cardreader and
debian linux with cccam would be a much better server than the dm.

I am about to go this route myself with an old 1.7ghz pentium m
ibm thinkpad and a couple of smargo readers once i get my head
around ccaminfo_php.

In fact it is ready to run, but im a bit chicken about the channel
packages that i may lose the ability to view due to there being
one more hop in the chain to the receiver.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
debilucho
Junior Member
 
debilucho's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 29

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 78
Magic: 9 / 2378
Experience: 12%

Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jul 2007
18-March-2010, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteman1969 View Post
From what I understand, an old laptop or desktop with a reasonable
processor, a decent amount of ram, a smargo usb cardreader and
debian linux with cccam would be a much better server than the dm....
Thanks for your post but my question is really about DM500HD and 800HD. I suppose it exist many other options.

As It seems I will go for the DM500 HD, I wonder if I can use the mini usb port to connect to pc and change image [as it doesn't have usb ports]
Can anyone help me with this.
I'm already VERY greatful to you guys for your meaningful input so far.

Last edited by debilucho; 18-March-2010 at 12:29..
   
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old
  (#13)
debilucho
Junior Member
 
debilucho's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 29

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 78
Magic: 9 / 2378
Experience: 12%

Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jul 2007
Exclamation 19-March-2010, 19:23

Well no answer to last question. Too bad. May be it was a silly one. Sorry!
Anyway, I've decided to take the plunge. Ordered my DM500 HD [genuine. No clown]
So I'll let you know how it went when I get there. Hopefully this will be useful to somebody.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
cold007
Super Moderator
 
cold007's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 9,448

Level: 63 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 314 / 1570
Magic: 3149 / 48819
Experience: 82%

Thanks: 5,191
Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,537 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: germany -unterfranken..
19-March-2010, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by debilucho View Post
Well no answer to last question. Too bad. May be it was a silly one. Sorry!
Anyway, I've decided to take the plunge. Ordered my DM500 HD [genuine. No clown]
So I'll let you know how it went when I get there. Hopefully this will be useful to somebody.
yes...u can use..the ..> small service port as a usb port,,>> only with hardware modification...

@ your own risk...


the 500hd..is a gr8 client box..1 card everyday.sharing box...>>

as for using usb ..and card readers..and co...

i wouldnt bother...

a 350 box..with a esata drive and a crad reader...>>`??

a card shares friend for sure...

nothing for a hardcore..server...

my 2 cents..

cold007


dreambox 8000- box with icvs images!!

remember u SPAM = i BAN

activley hunting nline stealers...!

beware...of with whom you share!!




   
Reply With Quote
MD500HD service port
Old
  (#15)
debilucho
Junior Member
 
debilucho's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 29

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 78
Magic: 9 / 2378
Experience: 12%

Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jul 2007
Question MD500HD service port - 20-March-2010, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold007 View Post
yes...u can use..the ..> small service port as a usb port,,>> only with hardware modification...
Are you saying that the service port is not working and that I will need to make a modification??
I thought Modification was only necessary if normal usb needed!

What is the purpose of this service port then??

Sorry for insisting, but I am starting to worry now.

Thank for your help.
--------------------------------------------------
Found this information elsewhere:
Upgrading the software of DM 500HD is like the rest of Dreams via RS232, but the mini-USB port.

Items required:
1) mini-usb male to male USB

So I guess I won't need to make any hardware modification.
I'll let you know when I get my box.

Last edited by debilucho; 20-March-2010 at 14:09.. Reason: additional information
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
cold007
Super Moderator
 
cold007's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 9,448

Level: 63 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 314 / 1570
Magic: 3149 / 48819
Experience: 82%

Thanks: 5,191
Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,537 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: germany -unterfranken..
20-March-2010, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by debilucho View Post
Are you saying that the service port is not working and that I will need to make a modification??
I thought Modification was only necessary if normal usb needed!

What is the purpose of this service port then??

Sorry for insisting, but I am starting to worry now.

Thank for your help.
--------------------------------------------------
Found this information elsewhere:
Upgrading the software of DM 500HD is like the rest of Dreams via RS232, but the mini-USB port.

Items required:
1) mini-usb male to male USB

So I guess I won't need to make any hardware modification.
I'll let you know when I get my box.
for modification??..>

u must use... a network connection--> putty/ftp...ect..>>

the service port/small usb..can only be used...with dreamup to install images...

but first u must install the UART to USb drivers...

you CAN NOT USE this port for cardreaders..or such hotplug hardware...without PHYSICALLY making changes on the mainboard!


cold007


dreambox 8000- box with icvs images!!

remember u SPAM = i BAN

activley hunting nline stealers...!

beware...of with whom you share!!





Last edited by cold007; 20-March-2010 at 14:18..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
debilucho
Junior Member
 
debilucho's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 29

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 78
Magic: 9 / 2378
Experience: 12%

Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thumbs up 20-March-2010, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold007 View Post

the service port/small usb..can only be used...with dreamup to install images...

cold007
That's OK. That was my original question as stated in poste (#12)

I'm no expert. As long as I can load image and after that make CCCam.cfg work, I'm happy.
The box has a card reader and I have one card. So again, I'm happy. I hope
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
cold007
Super Moderator
 
cold007's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 9,448

Level: 63 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 314 / 1570
Magic: 3149 / 48819
Experience: 82%

Thanks: 5,191
Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,537 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: germany -unterfranken..
20-March-2010, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by debilucho View Post
That's OK. That was my original question as stated in poste (#12)

I'm no expert. As long as I can load image and after that make CCCam.cfg work, I'm happy.
The box has a card reader and I have one card. So again, I'm happy. I hope
you dont need this??-_>>

u normally use webif...with e images...

1-> let original image start- get ip address..>>
2-> remove power
3-> press the on/off button down / front panel
4-> while pressing on/off button down give power
5-> after 5 secs - you can release button
6-> put known ip in firefox browser...

now u see the webif..page

upgrade firm ware

use image of your choice...

**************************####+++++++
new news....

thier are alot of complaints about dead boxs.. so beware...

newnegmia is ok.. even though out of 3s box..1 died! an hr after hooking up a e-sata drive...:(

dreamelite..i know 3 people..with dead boxs--->

oozon..seems to be the ...best..as far as dead boxs are going...

my 2 cents...

cold007


dreambox 8000- box with icvs images!!

remember u SPAM = i BAN

activley hunting nline stealers...!

beware...of with whom you share!!




   
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cold007 For This Useful Post:
debilucho (20-March-2010), Nordik2007 (25-March-2010), tdb (20-March-2010)
Old
  (#19)
debilucho
Junior Member
 
debilucho's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 29

Level: 4 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 78
Magic: 9 / 2378
Experience: 12%

Thanks: 14
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thumbs up 20-March-2010, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold007 View Post
you dont need this??-_>>

u normally use webif...with e images...

1-> let original image start- get ip address..>>
2-> remove power
3-> press the on/off button down / front panel
4-> while pressing on/off button down give power
5-> after 5 secs - you can release button
6-> put known ip in firefox browser...

now u see the webif..page

upgrade firm ware

use image of your choice...

cold007
I thought of using dreamup and the service port. But thanks for this other option to do it. That's great.

As you are a DM500HD owner, what image would you recommend?

Thanks again for your meaningful contributions here. I am sure other readers can benefit from it too.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
tangoman
Junior Member
 
tangoman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 5

Level: 1 [♥ Bé-Yêu ♥]
Life: 0 / 8
Magic: 1 / 194
Experience: 34%

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Mar 2010
20-March-2010, 19:15

i have a dm800 its ok im not that impressed with it may also go for a 500hd in addition.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dreambox, get??


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump



ECS on RSS ECS on Twitter ECS on Facebook ECS on Youtube
Follow us on:

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2002 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Dreambox